Peugeot Sport Press Release (04/21/2016) – Since it first broke cover last October, PEUGEOT 308 Racing Cup has clocked up a high number kilometres on and off the track and this has enabled the development team to gain an in-depth understanding of the new car. A combination of short and longer runs, as well as engine and suspension bench testing has allowed the engineers to fine-tune the new car’s competitive potential. At the end of 2015, it took part in an endurance race in Spain where it posted some very promising lap times.
– Sébastien Loeb Racing to run two PEUGEOT 308 Racing Cups in May
– The cars are scheduled to make three appearances: the TCR meeting at Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium, and the VLN3 and ETCC races at the Nürburgring, Germany
– The PEUGEOT 308 Racing Cup will go on sale on July 9, 2016
Three races in May with Sébastien Loeb Racing
Two PEUGEOT 308 Racing Cups have been entrusted to Sébastien Loeb Racing for a programme of three races in May. These outings will provide Peugeot Sport’s engineers with more experience of the car in the hands of a top team in a competitive environment.
May 5-7: TCR (Spa Francorchamps, Belgium),
May 13-14: VLN3 (Nürburgring Nordschleife, Germany),
May 26-28: ETCC (Nürburgring Nordschleife, Germany).
From the RCZ Racing Cup to the 308 Racing Cup
The France-based single-make RCZ Racing Cup series will serve as an opportunity to earn a drive in the 308 Racing Cup. The driver who tops the provisional RCZ Racing Cup standings after the round at Pau on May 14-15 will be given a chance to compete in the ETCC race in one of the two Sébastien Loeb Racing-run cars.
Available for sale in July
The PEUGEOT 308 Racing Cup will be released for sale on July 9 and interest in the car has been driven by its numerous strengths:
– Bantam weight: maximum 1, 100kg (TCR homologation: 1, 145kg),
– Powerful: 308 horsepower,
– Motorsport electronics,
– Six-speed sequential gearbox with steering wheel-mounted gearshift paddles
– Vented Ø378x32mm front disc brakes with six-piston calipers,
Solid Ø290x12mm rear disc brakes with single-piston calipers.